If you’re considering counselling, you might like to know a little more about me as I understand it can be difficult taking that first step to contact someone when you feel you need help. Before becoming a counsellor I spent many years working for an airline as cabin crew on long-haul routes, being away from home for long periods of time which could be hard going when life wasn’t on an even keel.
Having had really positive experiences of therapy at different stages of my life I finally decided to hang up my wings and retrain as a counsellor, qualifying in 2010 after four years of studying, personal therapy and different placements and since then I’ve been very privileged to have gained a wealth of experience working with a variety of clients of all ages, cultures, genders and backgrounds
In 2020 I gained a further qualification to enable me to work online leading to professional membership of ACTO and I’ve recently undertaken training at The Centre For Natural Reflection in outdoor therapy which brings an exciting choice to what I can offer, being able to be outdoors with clients in the beautiful Wiltshire countryside.
I’ve worked with several organisations including Dorothy House Hospice Care and Victim Support and I work alongside Barnardos Link Adoption Support as well as several Employee Assist Programmes for different organisations and companies. I hold a current DBS check and am registered with The Information Commissioners Office as a Data Controller
- Certificate OCST 4 Online Counselling
- CPD Certificate – Taking Therapy Outside (The Centre for Natural Reflection)
- Diploma in Relational Supervision (Severn Talking Therapy)
- Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling (CPCAB).
- Certificate in Bereavement Support (Dorothy House Hospice)
- Certificate in Adoption Support Work (Barnardo’s)
- Certificate in Supporting Victims of Rape & Sexual Violence (Victim Support)
- Certificate in Supporting Victims of Domestic Abuse/Violence (Victim Support)
- Bereavement Counsellor with Dorothy House Hospice Care
- Counsellor with Olive Branch Chippenham
- Counsellor with Hope Counselling Melksham
- Counsellor with Swindon & Wiltshire Alcohol & Drug Service
- Victim Support Volunteer (Crime, Domestic Abuse, Rape and Sexual Assault)